Monday, October 6, 2008

She is Here

This is how she sleeps in the daytime.
Here she is stretching.
You can kind of see a smile.
Look at those chubby cheeks.
Great big sisters, they are wonderful helpers.
Daddy and Baby in the hospital.

Relaxing with daddy.
First pictures at the Hospital.

So I went into labor on August 4th, and I was only 33 weeks along. Obviously it was too early to have a baby. So I  was given 3 shots of trebuteline to stop the labor and it worked. So from then on I was having NST's... Non-stress tests twice a week, measuring my fluid and watching the baby on monitors. It was not fun but it was worth it. Being that I'm diabetic and on insulin I was scheduled for an amniocentesis on Sept. 2nd and if everything was fine with baby's lungs I could have a schedules c-section on Sept 3rd, and my actual due date was Sept. 21st. Well that was the day Anabella was starting Kindergarten, Sept. 3rd. Anyways on August 31st I didn't feel very good and I was in pain, so I went to Labor and Delivery and they checked me and I was dialated to a 1. My dr. decided that she would deliver me and boy was I grateful. 
At 8:47pm our little girl was born weighing in at 8 lbs. 1 oz. and measuring 21.5 in. With tons of dark hair. Hello she was 3 weeks early. We have named her Victoria May and she is such a good baby.

5 comments:

Karen said...

Congratulations you guys! She is beautiful, and look at all of that dark hair! Love it! Sorry you had to go through so much to get her here. Nice that you got to have her early too! =)

em&m said...

Yay! congratulations! I love those cheeks!

shaynat19 said...

Congrats! She's beautiful! You've had a lot going on lately haven't you? Well how is the baby now? Are your daughters loving having a baby sister? I'm happy to see all the pictures and stuff on your blog. I'm gonna save it to my favorites on my computer so I can check it out sometimes.
You should check out my blog too. it's www.shaynatease.blogspot.com.

leesh said...

she is beautiful! good, healthy size for being 3 wks early! yes, the wonderful tying of the tubes! how are you feeling? your kids are just beautiful!!

Kirin said...

congrats, she is precious!
glad things went well, question though, why did they schedule an amnio? were you diabetic with the others? i think i've asked you before but now taht i'm back i'm looking for an endocrinologist, are you happy with yours?